Quebec City – True French Immersion in CanadaEdu-inter offers French Programs in the beautiful city of Quebec, Canada. Quebec City is the only major city in Canada that offers a 100% French-speaking environment, making it the ideal location for learning French and doing a French immersion program. As the cradle of French-speaking culture in the Americas, Quebec City offers an unparalleled wealth of cultural sites and events for those interested in the history of the French speaking people and the contemporary francophone culture.
Culture and History
Founded by Samuel de Champlain in 1608, Quebec is the oldest city in French America! From the discovery of our lands in 1534 by Jacques Cartier and the first meeting with local Natives to the arrival of the French and British pioneers until now, Quebec is considered as the best mixed of European and American culture. Just go by the Old Quebec City to walk on the oldest slabs of Canada or to see the fortification that once served as a defense.
With immigration flows through the decades, Quebec has managed to integrate the richness of different cultures while preserving its French-speaking authenticity which makes it the ideal destination for learning French.
- 100% French environment
- One of the safest cities in the world
- Declared as UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The cost of living is one of the most reasonable in all major cities in Canada
- Unique events and tourist attractions
- Hôtel de glace – Ice Hotel
- Île d’Orléans – Orleans Island
- Musée de la Civilisation – Museum of the Civilization
- Observatoire de la Capitale Québec – Quebec Observatory
- Les Tours du Vieux Québec – Old Quebec Tours
- Sanctuaire de Saint-Anne de Beaupré – St-Anne de Beaupré Sanctuary
- Parc des chutes Montmorency – Montmorency Falls
- Carnaval d’hiver de Québec – Quebec Winter Canival
- Festival d’été de Québec – Quebec Summer Festival
- Festival de la Nouvelle France – New France Festival
To get more ideas, please see the Tourist Information Bureau.